1. that you are aware and fully informed that the processing of your personal data includes all the operations carried out on the data you have provided, by automated means or not, for the purposes of:
- improving the operation and functionality of the Azores Surf School website (including in the events where your data will be aggregated and treated in a statistical manner, without being identifiable by any third party to whom it may be provided);
- improving and customization of the services provided to you;
- contact you via email, written or telephone messages to – send information or updates about your transactions and requests, as well as information about new products or services;
- interact with you on social media platforms.
2. to accept and allow the free use and reproduction, by Azores Surf School, of publicly available content and / or published on social media platforms where the “hashtag” Azores Surf School, has explicitly and specifically referred to our brands, products or services ;
3. that you are aware of the fact that, in accordance with the applicable legislation, it is possible to oppose, limit, correct or request the elimination in relation to the processing of its data for one or more of the purposes described above, by sending an application to the following electronic mail: email@example.com, as well as having the right to file a complaint with the competent authorities;
4. giving this consent freely and voluntarily and be 16 years old or older.
1. Your data
This website does not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it us. This means that we will not know your name, your email or any other of your personal information just because you browsed this site, unless you have created an account and log in when you access the site.
We only collect your data when you register on our website or fill out an online contact request form. You may be asked to enter your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and other relevant information.
2. Use of your data
- customize your experience with us
- improve our site on the services and resources available
- improve our customer service in general
- to contact you
- to manage a contest, promotion, research or other resource
Your data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company outside of Azores Surf School, for any reason, without your consent.
We may use and provide aggregate and statistical information to third parties to monitor the use of our website with the purpose of helping us to develop it and our services. The data used shall not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
The contact information you provide may be used to send information and updates related to your requests, as well as receive occasional updates of Azores Surf School about information, advantages and promotions of related products or services.
Note: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from future e-mails, we will include detailed cancellation instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
Azores Surf School saves your users’ data on their servers located in Portugal and Spain. These servers are protected and maintained in accordance with the highest security standards and in compliance with the applicable privacy laws.
3. Protection of your information
YOU SHOULD HOWEVER BE AWARE THAT NO METHOD OF TRANSMISSION OR ELECTRONIC STORAGE IS 100% SAFE.
BECAUSE OF THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE CAN NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS. LOSSES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY USER RELATED TO COMPUTER FRAUD, RISK OR ANY OTHER INFRINGEMENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH YOUR INFORMATION IS ACQUIRED OR DISCLOSED WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION.
A cookie by itself does not personally identify any user / visitor.
We may use technologies such as cookies to record session information, collect visits, and access details of our web pages that allow us to continue to improve our services and provide better and more useful resources to users / visitors to our site.
Cookies are recommended and have specific functions in order to allow an improved and more personalized navigation.
The existence of cookies does not affect the operation of your device and its operating system. In addition to the information stored in the cookie, information is also stored in the “local storage” area of your browser with the same purpose as the cookies.
The cookies can be of several types: those that allow to identify the user and to improve the operation of the services in the sites; those that improve the performance of the site by analysing the way users use it; those that allow the user to navigate in an individually personalized environment and those that collect information from the user on the habits of browsing the internet so that the advertising displayed by the one corresponds to their needs and interests.
The main purpose of our cookies is to improve your browsing experience because, among other purposes, it helps us remember your preferences. This information also makes it possible to improve our website (for example, by facilitating the statistical analysis of its use). In view of these purposes, your personally identifiable information of a sensitive nature is not stored through cookies. The information in our cookies is only used by us, except for those related to Google Analytics (managed by Google).
All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, for example by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser, so that the user can, at any time, partially or totally disable the cookies used on our site.
If you select to opt out of cookies you may not be able to access certain sections of our website, your browsing will become less efficient and you may no longer benefit from any of the features or services.
Note: this list may be updated due to new services and features of our website with the introduction of new cookies.
5. How you should ensure your safety
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. As the parent or legal guardian, do not allow your children to send personal information without your permission.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IDENTIFICATION DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS AS A COMMENTARY AREA OR ANY OTHER ACESSIBLE PUBLIC AREA THAT WE ADMINISTER OR MANAGE.
6. Disclosure of information to third parties
We may also disclose your information when we believe that the release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our website policies, or to protect our rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
7. Third party links
These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. These policies are neither managed nor controlled by us, for that reason Azores Surf School assumes no responsibility for the content and activities of these websites.
However, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and platforms, so we would appreciate if you please contact us if you would like to give us your feedback on them. We also recommend that you carefully read the terms and conditions and the privacy policies of these linked websites before submitting any information or personal data.
8. Your Consent
9. Retention period of your data
11. Your rights
- Your personal data belongs to you. As such, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, erase and oppose the treatment thereof and obtain said data from Azores Surf School.
- We will make every effort to keep your personal data up-to-date and protected according to the best industry standards.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. In Portugal, this authority is the National Data Protection Commission (“CNPD”). More information on the CNPD can be obtained through the website www.cnpd.pt
To exercise your rights of access, rectification, elimination, blocking or opposition to the processing of personal data you provide, pursuant to Law no. 67/98, of October 26, you must send a request to that effect, through the following address of e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Applicable law
The current version was published in 22 de Maio de 2018.
14. Contact us
Phone: (+351) 914 012 978