The Azores Surf School, the first Surf School in the Azores, has been teaching since 2004!
We offer surfing classes for all levels and ages in a safe, fun and professional way!
In many cases the fear of the sea is a major obstacle to learning. Safety in and out of the sea corresponds to one of our pillars so when looking for our lessons you can count on the guarantee that we will do everything to make you feel safe.
Helping students cope and overcome fear with confidence and knowledge is one of our goals!
We ensure specific conditions for each level of learning, and classes for beginners will only be carried out with good conditions. On days of bad weather, too strong winds and waves, or in case, for some reason, the existing conditions for the practice of the modality show signs of lack of security, the classes will be immediately canceled.
Surfing is not an easy sport, it requires a lot of persistence and dedication. However, it is magical and extremely rewarding for body and mind!
With the Azores Surf School, fun and adventure will be a guarantee and the will to return to the sea, a constant!
WHY AZORES SURF SCHOOL??!!
- We provide all the necessary and appropriate material for each level of learning.
- Classes with extended duration from 1h30 to 2h and inserted in small groups, with a maximum of 8 Students, thus guaranteeing maximum safety and fun.
- Follow-up of coach and swimmer rescuer certified by the FPS (Portuguese Surfing Federation) and ISN (Instituto Socorros a Náufragos).
- If you want to enjoy the privilege of enjoying a surf lesson with only your friends, colleagues or family, you can organize your group and enjoy special discounts!
- From the school’s facilities, we provide free transportation to the beach where the class will be held.
- Included insurance of Civil Responsability and Personal Accidents.
- Discounts of 15% in the “Espaço Azul Surf Shop” and 5 to 20% in the “Populo Surf Shop”, among others. Check out our Partnerships!
The lessons take place daily, if possible in the morning or at the end of the day, when the beaches have fewer swimmers and surfers. This preference will always depend on the time of the tide.
The meeting point is at the headquarters of the School (Canada do Borralho Nº26, Praia do Pópulo) or directly on the beach that, according to forecasts, presents the best conditions. The place will be combined the day before the lesson.
- In order to guarantee the proper functioning of the lessons, the hours may be changed on the day before or the same day.
- Upon confirmation, a student who does not attend the scheduled class will be subject to full charge.
- Knowing how to swim is not a required requirement in initiations classes ! We try everything to make you feel safe, comfortable and at ease in the water.
Table of Prices
* Classes with extended duration, from 1h30 to 2h and inserted in small groups, with a maximum of 8 Students.
* The classes take place on the beach that presents the best conditions, being able to be in the South Coast (São Roque, Milícias, Pópulo and Agua D’alto) or North Coast of the island (Monte Verde, Santa Barbara, Santa Iria or Santana).
* Follow-up of Salvador coach and swimmer recognized and certified by FPS (Portuguese Surfing Federation) and ISN (Relief and Shipwreck Institute).
* Special conditions for Students, Companies, Colleges and other institutions.
* If you want the privilege of having a surf lesson with only your friends, colleagues or family, you can organize your group and enjoy special discounts!
* The payment of the “Pack” of classes chosen is done in its entirety at the first class.
* From the School’s facilities, we provide free transportation to the beach where the class will be held.
* For an extra payment of 5 € (round trip – Ponta Delgada Zone) Azores Surf School assures Pick-Up and Drop-Off to its students.
* Upon confirmation, a student who does not attend the scheduled class will be subject to full charge.
* All prices include VAT at legal rate.